Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Little Accomplishments

So yesterday we had our ultrasound. And yes folks, we resisted the urge to find out what we are having. The picture and gender are sealed in an envelope stuffed in a mail file sitting right above my head as I type. Nothing is official yet, but I am proud to say I am one day in to keeping myself surprised! Only 138 to go.

David on the other hand...still doesn't know, but already made several objections at dinner last night. I told him he can look, but I want to be surprised. He said that he doesn't know if it is worth four months of not being able to bond with the idea of a "future daughter" or "future son" to be surprised for one moment in the end. I personally think he just wants to streamline the amount of time he has to spend thinking of a name with me:)

While we are speaking of accomplishments on a small scale, our little Addie has started walking. Her steps are small and few; both self initiated and inspired! She is really cute to watch as she branches into toddlerhood. Her birthday baby doll is now the favorite. We named her Luci. Wyatt named his baby Henry. So Lucy and Henry now must accompany us most places.

If I don't post again, have a wonderful day of Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for all of you!

What all mothers can be thankful for...those annoying toys that are given to us that make noise even when completely untouched! I just this second returned from my covert operation sneaking into Wyatt's room in the middle of a nap because I heard this blasted score board song with mock applause sounding in the background. How do these toys operate with no one around them????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am truly amazed and so proud! As you know, I am definitely in favor of the surprise. Keep it up =)

p.s. can't wait to video chat and see the princess walking!

california grandpa said...

the secret will never last. it will be like water torture. glad everyone is OK,

california grandpa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.