Friday, March 07, 2008

Transitions

Should we be the least bit surprised that our Addie Grace is having a difficult time transitioning from two to one nap? Miss Colic herself who slept for only twenty minute increments for about twelve weeks of her life's beginning is up to no good again. I am in no hurry to rush her to one nap, but she is clearly showing signs of readiness. Ahhh, we enter the dreaded overtired state that keeps a baby from taking any form of a good nap. I've been doing the morning 30-45 minute short nap just to get us to the afternoon so that she and Wyatt will nap at the same time and that has been a fairly good solution. However, I know she is probably ready to just take one, but she gets in this rut of sleeping only 1 and a half hours and is just plain miserable the rest of the day. Not to mention I might have to commit myself if I play referee indoors for six hours straight! Anyway, on Fridays we always do one nap because the kids are at the log cabin all morning. So, predictably today Addie went down at 1pm and at 2:30pm she was crying. She has several times cried for just a minute or two and returned to sleep, so my new motto is to let her cry for a bit to see what happens. It is now 3:40 and she is still sleeping. We might be on to something!

The only thing left is to have this darn baby come out of me and figure out how I'll referee three of them for six hours straight! Let's all say together...live with Memaw and Papa for three months! We are truly blessed, don't ya think?

1 comment:

california grandpa said...

Memaw and Papa might be the next ones to be committed! But we can't wait try help referee. .