Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Girls, Girls, Girls

So as a parent of both girls and boys, I have observed a few differences. They may not hold up for everyone, but here is one we see everyday. Girls just like to talk! Don't get me wrong, Wyatt sure talks a lot! Addie Grace started speaking sentences at sbout eighteen months. As soon as we moved to California, she just took off speaking. I think I've mentioned before that she constantly surprises us. We did at first think that she was just a little mockingbird, but in time we are certain she is just her daddy's girl and has something to say about everything! She makes comments now (much to her parents dismay) like "that's not fair" with arms folded and a pouted face and "i don't want to" when asked to obey! The other night, David was telling the kids a story about lizards. He was making the whole thing up as he went about lizards with magic potions shrinking the kids so they could join the lizards in their homes. I know ... it sounds a bit weird, but the kids loved it. Later that night, Addie David and I found Addie Grace retelling this same story to her baby Janie that she had heard only once. She is so funny! The girl is turning two in a few weeks and sometimes I think she is going on five! I can't wait to see what Lila has to say!

No comments: