Monday, October 11, 2010

A New Love for Mondays...

I know by the title of this post and the age of my children, some of you might be connecting the dots that I love Mondays because half the brood is off to school. Although it is always nice to have an hour or so to run the errands with only two kids instead of four, my new love for Mondays has little to do with the kiddies in school.

About a month ago I rolled over in bed at 6 something in the morning and said to David, "The only reason I like Mondays is because I don't have to cook dinner." I know this is a dramatic statement and I'm not that hopeless of a person, but Mondays are really difficult for me. Sundays usually are restful for most with the last push for relaxation and some minor preparationa for the coming week. Not for us, and probably not for any of my pastor wife readers either. I head into Monday barely wanting to start the school carpool.

I love cooking, so this isn't exactly about making dinner either. The problem is that I love cooking under the perfect conditions...uninterrupted while sipping wine and hanging out with my hubby. Given how rare this occurs, it makes sense that I'd take any chance to skip cooking.

Enter Supper Swap. I have participated in a supper swap once before while in seminary and it was wonderful. Not only did we have dinner made for us three times a week, the four of us lived in the same apartment complex so delivery was easy as pie. So we've been a part of a supper swap now for a month with some friends of mine in our town and it's been so good for me. Just as we headed into the fall craziness of school, soccer, church, etc. dinner comes to my door rescuing me from adding one more thing to do at the witching hour. Love it!!! Thanks Teri and Kelly. It's always exciting when new recipes spice up your rut and make dinner a little more fun. Speaking of...dinner is about to arrive at my door already cooked and we are ready to eat it.

No comments: