Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Times are changing...

This title has many meanings for me today.

First, this is my late shot out at our spring forward time change. In my former days before children this was the most dreaded of days where in fact we lost sleep and spent the next two weeks recovering. I believe I may have posted something back in the fall about how I once loved the "fall back" time change and children completely changed that! While the adult population lost an hour of sleep this past weekend, we actually kept the status quo. Our children continued to sleep in to their normal hour which in fact was one hour later Sunday morning. While that day nothing changed, Monday and Tuesday have been different! We have actually been able to catch a few extra zzzz's in the morning while the kiddos are adjusting.

On a heavier note, both exciting and sad, our neigborhood is changing. And while I have anticipated this time for over a year now, I don't think I am prepared for it. One of my closest friends moves this semester in May. They have taken a call to Colorado at St. Patrick's Presbyterian Church. This is fabulous news, but also sad as we are still hear in St. Louis for yet another year. Our other close friends that live adjacent to our apartment have bought a house where they will probably be moving to before the semester is over. I know we only have one year remaining, but it is so sad for me to think of spending it here in a completely different manner than we have enjoyed so much over the last two years. I know God is faithful to provide us with what we need, so I pray he will protect me from loneliness and provide new meaningful relationships.

Finally, little Addie is changing...constantly! She is now four months old and a true delight to be around (except of course in the middle of the night!) She is rolling around, smiling and interacting with us, and showing huge interest in her newly discovered voice! She has experimented with rice cereal and seems to like it too. We are loving her new stages and look forward to her many more changes to come in the next year!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Although we're definitely excited about our new endeavor...I'm sad about this big change too. We will miss our next door neighbors...probably even more than we can even imagine right now. But I will definitely be praying for who God delivers as your next door neighbors, I also believe that He will be faithful to provide you with great friends...because that was my prayer two years ago, and look what I got!!!