Friday, December 21, 2007

What The Very Hungry Caterpillar Has to Say About Morning Sickness

The other day while it was snowing, David read the kids The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Addie is so into books right now, so we often find ourselves in this position. As most everyone probably knows, after the caterpillar eats five days worth of fruit, he goes on to one day of quite a binge. He ate one piece of chocolate cake, one ice-cream cone, one pickle, one slice of Swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake, and one slice of watermelon. That night he had a stomachache! Enter Wyatt, "Just like mommy!" Although I haven't felt sick in quite some time, I think Wyatt is under the assumption that as long as there is a baby in my belly, I will have a stomachache. So, what did the caterpillar do? The next day he ate through one nice green leaf and he felt much better. And so Wyatt advises, "mommy, you need to eat a leaf!"

I wish I'd known all along.

No comments: