Monday, January 28, 2008

The Drumroll...

No, I haven't cheated. Although you see the gender poll to the right, this in no way indicates an answer will soon follow. You'll know when we know. That is more specifically when baby Juelfs makes his or her appearance.

The drumroll, however, is to let you know what baby Juelfs will be called upon arrival. When you find out if you are having a boy or a girl, it is definitely more exciting to announce the results. In fact, people usually know you are about to have an ultrasound and even call or ask you about it. The name thing is kind of wierd though. Since we don't know what we are having, we had to decide on two names. For some an easy task; for others, meaning David and me, a bit of a challenge! Then once decided it's not like I am going to make phone calls to tell people what we will name our child. So, it is just kind of wierd. I know our family would love to know, but it still seems like a strange thing to call them and announce.

So, I am testing the faithfulness of my blog readers. You read...you get to know! Here they are. If we have a boy, we will name him Elijah David. Elijah means "The Lord is my God" and for obvious reasons we will use David meaning "beloved" as his middle name. We would hold to God's covenant promises that someday Elijah would proclaim "The Lord is my God." If we have a girl, we will name her Lila Elaine. Lila means "darkness or night" and Elaine, David's mom's middle name, means "bright light". We liked the names and certainly the idea of God pulling us out darkness and into the light. We would hope her life points to Christ's redeeming power.

And there ya have it! Don't forget to vote on the gender poll!

5 comments:

Jessie said...

BEAUTIFUL - I love them both. I like how they both have the "li" sound. Kind of like its the same person no matter if its a boy or girl :)

Hilary said...

I love them both...great names! I can't wait to meet him or her...even if it is a long distance greeting.

Sydney said...

I love both names!! Stay strong, not finding out what you are having is so much fun!! Can't wait to hear the news down in Texas!
Sydney

Abby said...

I love to hear how people decide on names. And they are both great names; we can't wait to find out which one you will need! I also wanted to say that I have no idea why I do not have a link to your blog on my blog, but I am putting one up if that is okay with you. Okay? Okay. :)

Heather said...

Thanks guys! They do sound quite similar which was unintentional but maybe some kind of sumliminal thing happening. We can't wait to find out which one we'll use too. I hope it is soon. Your welcome to link to my blog, Abby. Glad you stopped by.