Thursday, January 10, 2008

Notes from the Underground

As some of you know, David and I live in the basement. That is, our bedroom is in the basement of the two bedroom apartment as we now have two kids and soon to be three. If you have never seen the apartments I know it sounds wierd, and to some of my neighbors (those who don't share in basement dwelling) you too may think it is strange, but it really isn't all that bad. In fact, there are some good things about it. So, in honor of gulf drive and concrete flooring, I've compiled a list of my top three favorite things about basement living as well as my three least favorite things...

Why I like the basement...
1. It's always warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer!
2. The middle of the night "no reason cries" are much quieter:)
3. I enjoy the rustic feel...who knew overhead wooden beams could make you feel so cozy!

Why I hate the basement...
1. The move was prompted by babies, so naturally whenever one of them needs mommy, I make the trek upstairs in the middle of the night. In the last eighteen months of basement dwelling, I've been nursing or pregnant for well...eighteen of them! I haven't had a night without stairclimbing! Last night alone, I climbed them five times to pee, no exaggeration!
2. I would love a window in my bedroom.
3. No more last minute laundry loads right before bedtime since I share a room with the washer and dryer!

No comments: