Monday, June 23, 2008

Tales From the P.M.

and I don't mean the night time! So the other day, my mom and sister took a walk with Wyatt and Addie down to this shopping center near our house to buy some strawberries from a local stand that sells in that center. Anyway, the stand had sold out so my sister ended up going to the grocery store to buy the berries. The plan was for me to drive down and pick every one up because it was quite a warm day out and the kids wanted to walk but probably wouldn't have made it both directions. So, I proceeded to drive down and saw my sister enter the grocery store. The produce is right up front and the self check out is also right at the entrance. So I thought it wouldn''t take much time at all so I just parked by the curb next to the parking spots right by the entrance of the store. So you may say, where is this story going? I thought nothing of my decision and put the car in park and just sort of people watched as shoppers went in and out of the store. Finally, a few minutes later my sister came out with a gasp on her face like I was a complete idiot for parking there. I was picturing her making the same decision and said she was crazy for thinking I shouldn't have parked there. To which she replied, "You're right, but not with a penis on the side of my car!" And right there I had my own moment of speechlessness that David had had earlier. I had completely forgotten about the P.M. and about fifteen people must have seen our artistic contribution as they walked out of the grocery store! Oops!

More on the P.M.

It certainly pays to have someone in the car business. My dad is having the auto body guy at the dealership where he works fix the van and he is only charging us $350 as opposed to the original $1600 quote. Thank you Lord!

No comments: