Friday, April 27, 2007

Blissful Brew

Last night I made it to costco to buy coffee among my list of other items that we consume too much of too quickly (trash bags, diapers, detergent, PT, TP, etc). Pretty much everything you see on the morning news show segments about things we aren't suppose to consume a lot of for fear that the planet will combust. Now don't get me wrong, I am all for reduce, reuse, and recycle and believe me we make our concerted effort. I have even been known regularly to leave my poor infants in their soggy diapers from the night until right before their morning nap in an effort to save just one diaper. I must admit that my motivation might stem more for making their dent in my wallet smaller than the dent they put in landfills, but the environment runs a close second to our tight budget!

David had class last night so while at costco, we had dinner (me and the two kiddos alone!). Of course, we are eating our hot dogs and pizza and Wyatt needs to pee, so I attempt to pack everyone and everything back in the cart to go to the tiny restrooms that aren't big enough for carts. Just what was I suppose to do with Addie? Leave her in the cart to watch over our recent purchases??? Did Wyatt pee? Of course not...the monstrous flushing noise of public restroom toilets has petrified him and he only pees when in public when he is desperate or bribed! Thus, resulting in many restroom trips before he caves.

We made it home and the kids went down well. On a side note Wyatt has recently been diagnosed with seasonal allergy asthma related problems. We now have a huge regimen of inhaled perscriptions to help us out and keep the wheezing at bay. Many of you remember last year at this time our trip to the ER for the same thing. So given the repeat this year the docs think it is a seasonal issue. Anyway, last night after 24 hours on steroids and inhalers the wheezing wasn't going away, so we ended up having to wake him throughout the night to continue treatments. By midnight I settled in to sleep and at 2 I woke to give another treatment.

And here comes the irony folks...Addie slept through the night! Yippee we all say except for my complete frustration that I had the worst night's sleep in weeks on the second night she was able to sleep through the night. Thus the blissful brew came in real handy! Perhaps there's hope for the near future.

So today we ended up at the doc's to just have his oxygen levels checked once again and all seems to be returning to normal! We went to Target following the appointment to fill another prescription. We had lunch while we waited and yes...it happened again. Yet another hurried trip to the bathroom in the middle of lunch. This time I propped the main bathroom door with the cart so I could view Addie and our purchases while propping a screaming two year old on a public toilet promising endless amounts of cookies!

One final thought...this was a great week for having a sick child to need lots of new prescriptions! Target pharmacy was offering $10 gift cards on all new prescriptions this week with their coupon from the weekly ad. Round total folks...I received $40 in gift cards. Now don't get me wrong...I would rather have a child not in the doc's office three times this week, but at least something good came of it!

Perhaps my title should've read something like: "Mad Moddy Money...how one stay at home mom gets paid!" If you are confused on the word "moddy" scroll down below. Happy Spring to all!

No comments: