Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter!


So, for those who might be thinking I'm a horrible mother who only takes pictures of her daughter and not her son, I promise I am not. I admit that sometimes I prefer to take a picture of Addie because she has cute clothes on whereas I am less likely to take a picture of Wyatt because his outfit is "cute." I would, but boys clothes just aren't as cute most of the time.

However, this wasn't one of those moments. I woke up on Sunday with all good intentions of taking a picture of Wyatt and Addie together. I had been planning it for a week...well, the fact that they were going to match a little on Easter was a bit of a reason to plan ahead to see that it would happen. But, as you can see, it didn't. Again, not out of a lack of love for capturing my sweet little boy's smile, but as anyone who knows Wyatt understands that in his opinion clothes just aren't as necessary as one might think.

We actually made it into the Easter outfit for church with little struggle and Addie was dressed early too. But then, mom as usual is rushing to get clothes on in order to arrive in a timely fashion for church. Sure, we could have brought the camera to church considering Memorial would have made a wonderful backdrop for photos, but our camera is the size of an elephant so that didn't happen either. And it wouldn't have been a holiday celebration without a few colds and cranky kids. So to our dismay, we left church as soon as it was over to get the kids in bed for naps. Wyatt went down in his church clothes (shocker of all things since he loves those jammies!), but when he awoke he requested that he put jammies on. So daddy changed him to avoid the post groggy nap temper tantrum and there went my picture...down the tubes because of those blasted jammies!

So what is left is a sweet picture of Addie in her hand made outfit crafted by a little old lady in Italy that Grammo and Popee bought her with no brother to hold her. She looks sweet though. In an effort to conserve my energy and your time, I will spare you yet another picture of Wyatt in his long sleeved dinasour and truck pajamas.

P.S. If you must see one, just look at every other picture of him on this blog and you'll see which ones I am talking about.

We hope your Easter celebration was a wonderful rejoicing in the resurrection of our Lord. For in Him we have great hope! Happy Easter.

No comments: