Thursday, December 14, 2006

An Early Morning


Well, for some of you my early start is normal, but for a sleep deprived mother of a newborn I have been getting quite accustomed to waking around 8:30am as it seems Wyatt has taken a liking to sleeping in. He used to not like covers, but we finally convinced him that two "blues" (translation blankets) are better than one. So, after a few nights of blanket sleeping and a few mornings of unusually late wakeups we concluded Wyatt must be warmer and cozier with the blankets and thus sleeping in. What a beautiful discovery for a mother! It seems Addie enjoys her 5 or 6 am feeding and has been sleeping until 8:30 or so too. That is, until today! Addie woke up for her 6 am feeding and decided she wanted to belt out a little musical number of screaming for a while which proceeded to wake Wyatt, who I thought might return to sleep, but was officially awakened when Sierra (the dog) started barking at the dogs outside. This all happenning before 7am making for a very grumpy mother. As if the screaming during the day by our "miserable baby" (as the doctor described Addie) wasn't enough to make me grumpy, the very early start to our morning is definitely going to take the cake today! So, I finally got Addie back to sleep and then went in to Wyatt's room to hear him telling me, "Mommy I awake...I awake!" My reply, "Yes, son you are indeed! Are you sure you want to be awake?"

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Where did you find that picture of me?

Heather said...

I snuck in your house on the average day and took a snap!