Sunday, December 24, 2006

And so this is Christmas...










These are the words to the beginning of an old Christmas song, and so in the spirit of Christmas I began to ponder just what has our Christmas experience been this year. We had weeks of final exams, fussy baby, and a family affair of the flu, and so on. So I in my heart I have to ask the question…is this really Christmas? We are just a day or so away from all of this chaos and I have to shamefully admit that I am feeling very hopeless and not very spirited about this most important time of year in the Christian tradition. My parents have been out here now for a few days and have been a huge help with Wyatt and Addie. David and I even managed to sneak away from the kids for two hours so we could have our first date in over two months. As things begin to calm down in our household and I desperately cling to some resemblance of normalcy to return, I am reminded by the birth of our own baby just weeks ago, that this season is marked by such a joyous event…the birth of Jesus. I must confess that I am so easily swayed to lose all hope and my kingdom perspective in life when both trial or triumph come my way. And so this is Christmas…that my Savior was born and my Hope is found. May this stay fresh in my heart each day and I pray this for you too. Merry Christmas from the Juelfs.

No comments: