Saturday, December 16, 2006

Holiday Tag


A friend of mine was tagged with these great holiday questions. Although I wasn’t tagged, I thought it would be fun to answer them and start my own game of tag!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, without question.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? unwrapped, of coarse, so we could play with them immediately!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white lights so our ornaments’ color stand out.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but David might appreciate this tradition!

5. When do you put up your decorations? This year we bought our tree before Thanksgiving so Memaw would be able to help us decorate it. Usually, however, I like to get it right after Thanksgiving and keep it up until right after New Year’s.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Prime Rib and Scalloped Potatoes!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? opening Dad’s present on Christmas Eve.

8. When and how did you learn that Santa isn't real? I don't remember…in fact I hardly remember believing in Santa

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always opened Dad’s Christmas gift on Christmas Eve. It was always a matching pair of pajamas for my sister and me.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? This year by myself while Memaw took Wyatt to the park in about twenty minutes flat. Addie was just a few weeks so the tree took little priority. Next year, hopefully as a family.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love it when I don’t have to go anywhere. I hate now that I have kids and need to run errands…too many fights over wearing the big winter jacket and drudging through the slush!

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, although I haven’t in many years.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I always got what I wished for...I must have been such a good little girl...so every Christmas seemed perfect.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with our family, both immediate and extended. Now that we have children it is fun to be able to share the wonder of Christmas in the story of “baby Jesus.” Wyatt is just beginning to understand this.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I look forward to starting this tradition next year…would’ve done it this year except for the craziness of having a newborn and too many things to do…When I was little my mom would take us to the local feed store to get some straw. We would begin our Advent count for the days up to Christmas by adding a piece of straw to a little manger up until Christmas Eve and then on Christmas morning we would lay Baby Jesus in the manger. I think it is a wonderful way to daily remind our children why we anticipate Christmas. Each day we are preparing for Christ’s arrival!


Mom and Allie, Tag! You're it! I know you don’t have blogs, but email your answers to a friend and tag them.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

How funny...I almost tagged you, but I thought you would just be frustrated b/c you wouldn't have time to do it...I'm glad you did, it was fun reading your answers.

Heather said...

Thanks for thinking of me. I thought it would be a fun way to remember the holidays as a child. I enjoyed reading your answers too. It's funny, I think so many people get pj's for christmas eve.